Mike Taylor (McBeasty) is your midday jock at Rev-FM. He grew up just outside of St. Louis (22 miles from Ferguson) and got to Texas as soon as he could (back in 2003). He loves rock music and riding his motorcycle around the Hill Country. He also loves hearing from listeners... Rock on!
Shinedown - Simple Man, Beastie Boys - Girls, ZZ Top - Tush, Ozzy Osbourne - Dreamer, DIO - Holy Diver
Today’s Viral Video
Here's How to Steal Pizza from Your Friends Without Them Noticing
A YouTube channel called DaveHax has more than 115 million total views. And it's basically just a guy who posts how-to videos and "life hacks" . . . like his newest one, where he shows how to steal pizza from your friends without anyone noticing.
It only works with a pizza that hasn't been cut yet. Basically, you cut a strip out of the middle . . . keep that for yourself . . . and put the two remaining halves back together.
Then you spin it 90 degrees, and cut another strip out of the middle, so what you're serving still looks like a perfectly round pizza. THEN you cut it into slices.
You end up with a smaller pizza, but the point is no one will notice. (Search for "DaveHax – How to Steal Pizza.")
How to Steal Pizza - The Perfect Crime
Feel Good Segment
A Guy Falls Through the Ice on a Lake . . . While Firefighters Are Practicing Ice Rescue Drills Nearby
On Saturday, a guy in New York was walking across a frozen lake in Central Park around 1:00 in the afternoon, and fell through the ice. (He hasn't been identified.)
And if no one had seen it happen, he probably would have died. But luckily, several people DID see it . . . and they happened to be FIREFIGHTERS.
It turned out a group of them were doing ice-rescue drills in the SAME LAKE, and they were already in their gear.
So they were able to get to him in less than three minutes, and an ambulance took him to the hospital, where he was treated for hypothermia.
According to a spokesman, they actually saw him walking and tried to warn him that the ice was too thin, but it was too late. They also say he was incoherent, and may have been drinking.
(NBC New York / NY1 / CBS New York)
Five Random Facts
Here are some random facts for you . . .
FULL STORY: Here are some random facts for you . . .
1. People have only been using the word "wasted" to describe someone who's drunk since the late 1960s. Meanwhile, "high" has been used since 1627.
2. It's possible that BEETHOVEN had an irregular heartbeat . . . which influenced the innovative and unique rhythms in his compositions.
3. More traffic to porn sites came from phones and tablets last year than from computers.
4. Florida . . . the Sunshine State . . . has more indoor tanning salons than McDonald's locations.
5. Even though Nevada is most famous for its legalized gambling, it doesn't have a lottery. Lotteries have been illegal in Nevada since the state's constitution was ratified in 1864.
(The Atlantic / University of Michigan / Mashable / Jama / Las Vegas Sun)